CROWN GEAR COUPLING Get Free Quote
How it works
Crowngear is a double joint coupling manufactured from forged steel using as transmission element two crowned tooth geared hubs which engage two internal straight teeth flanges.
The hub’s teeth curvature is designed in order to allow a torsional stiff transmission, and to compensate angular, radial and axial shafts misalignments; the special shape of the teeth grants an optimized contact area and a reduced surface pressure.
The two flanges are connected through high resistance bolts and, through four grease nipples, filled with grease which reduces teeth friction and wearing. Standard o-ring in the sleeves ensures the seal and the coupling’s long life; the grease must be refilled every 1000 working hours and changed every 5000 hours.
The standardCrowngear range is designed for horizontal working position; vertical mounting requires a special drawing.
The working temperature con range from -10°C up to +80°.
Advantages of the system
• Very high torque density and low mass moment of inertia
• High torsional stiffness
• High shafts misalignment compensation with low restoring forces
• High speeds
• The 2 flanges drawing allow the radial dismounting of the motor without any displacement of the driven side and the axial displacement of the flanges to control the shafts alignment, the gears condition, the grease level
• The serie Crowngear SD is a combination of a coupling and 2 Shrink Discs, with the further advantage of a higher fatigue resistance, a limited angular backlash, a much easier mounting and disassembly, avoiding the interference mounting by pressing, hubs heating and the disassembly by high pressure oil
• Crowngear is supplied as standard with an excellent rust protective oil, and a multi-layer painting Blue raL 5003, granting a 480 hours resistence in salt fog is available upon request.